At this point, it's more like house scraping, continued; my nephew, Dauntless Ben, continues undeterred. The whole thing has been done with a heat gun (!!!) and a hand scraper, except for a few spots where it took judicious application of a torch. The last couple of layers were a thick, decent-quality latex, indifferently applied; it stuck to whatever was under it (peeling paint, bare wood, whatever) and comes off, reluctantly, in long strips. --For over two weeks! (He tried multiple methods for the first week. All of them were s-l-o-w. This one worked best.)
Right around half a wall (and a little replacing/repairing) left and then it's on to the painting, starting with a good primer.
I have got to take out five old screens and redd 'em up -- that'll be my big fix/paint contribution to the project. Already have the primer (Killz2). It's about time I went and bought the paint. Probably Saturday.
T. R. MCELROY'S STREAMLINED TELEGRAPH KEYS
11 months ago