Sunday, March 18, 2012

Fun Show!

Yesterday, the Data Viking showed up bright and early, and shepherded Tam and me off to the Indy 1500!

It was big and plenty crowded. We saw sereval old friends and a lot of interesting firearms (I'm starting to long for a Colt .22 revolver and saw a couple at affordable prices).

My heart was won, however, by a LNIB Star DK, a palm-sized .380.
(Not mine -- I'll post a photo later)

As nearly as I can tell, it has never been fired. This model has been something of a missing link in my Star collection, and nearly as scarce as the yeti. The price was right and the nice man even took a check. It helps to be a frequent flyer: "We see you at every show." Yup, and finds like that are why.

Speaking of finds, Tam found a-- But that's her story to tell.


Remember, BLOGMEET, 3:00 p.m. today at Broad Ripple Brew Pub!

14 comments:

Drang said...

Wow! Nice find!

Julie said...

NICE!!!

Mad Saint Jack said...

On my way in a few...

This waking up in the morning thing is very odd.

Peter said...

That's a great find! I owned one in South Africa, a long time ago. Very nice pocket guns.

John B said...

Ooooohhhh Score!

Bubblehead Les. said...

Bought one of those YEARS ago for an Ex-Girlfrend. She was former Navy, and loved the 1911, but she was very Tiny. As soon as I put it into her hand, she went "OOOH! It FITS!" Took it to the Range, and she had a Wonderful Time. Good Buy!

Anonymous said...

Back in the '70s, Colt planned to peddle the DK as the 'Colt Pony'. I got one in '77 or '78 - slide marked
'F.I. model D' and the serial # has a 'CP' prefix...
...Used it as a backup when everything I carried was
cocked-&-locked. I still think they're little-known
gems

Anonymous said...

You have a Star collection?
Do you have a a .25 caliber Starlet?
I once had one, but neglected to send the plastic box, cleaning brush, and cleaning rod with it when I traded it off.
Let me know if you would like them.
drollerindy@yahoo.com

Jerry said...

Cudos from a fellow Staraholic. Sweet find.

Montie said...

Bobbi,
Very good that you found a likely unfired one! Now you have me wishing that I had NOT sold my pristine unfired Star PD a couple of gunshows ago. It would have made a superb addition to the Rosholme Cottage Star Collection.

davidc said...

Nice find ! I have a PD and a BM, so wouldn't mind one of those in my collection !

Roberta X said...

I carried a Star PD for quite awhile, and I am always on the lookout for another one. They still get pretty good prices. Mine is a nice shooter, though a little torque-y; I have not shot it much, as it is overdue for a new plastic recoil buffer.

I don't have a .25 Star; they seem uncommon around here.

Laura said...

intershmesting. my range has a Star .380 in the case. didn't think to check out the specifics. in fact, the only reason i recognized it was your affection for the brand.

wrm said...

Nice!

My DKL is much more rough, nickle plated and rusty in spot.

I have a DKI (32 ACP) which is almost as nice as this one, but because of how things are set up I can't licence the thing without major trauma, so it's in a box at a gunshop. Was figuring to give it to Shooting Buddy as soon as she completes her competency.