Sunday, March 25, 2012

My Star And Colt

(I'll take "Corny Cowgirl Lines From A Will Rogers Movie" for $200, Alex.)

The tiny Star DK, shown here with full-size keys for scale: Other side:Modern .380 pocket pistols may be thinner side to side but top-to-bottom and front-to-back, this is a tiny firearm. About a 3.5-finger grip. How does it shoot? I'll be finding out.

Colt 32-20, 'cos I had been drooling over it since Tam showed it to me. Reblued but this one has a decent ratchet/extractor star:

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice 32-20. You might find this interesting.
http://www.sixguns.com/tests/tt3220.htm
I have the same model with a 6 inch barrel.

DaddyBear said...

Very nice! How hard is it to find .32-20 ammunition?

Cincinnatus said...

DaddyBear, its around as its long been a favorite among NRA pistol silhoette and cowboy action shooters. The only problem is that its a bit pricey.

Guffaw in AZ said...

So, how doth one designate the two sides of a handgun?
Obverse and reverse?
Port and starboard?
left and right?

PS - I use port/starboard, as the gun is pointed away...

Keads said...

Nice Colt! I am always sorta leaning that way though.

red said...

Do you have one of these in your Star collection?

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh119/mzmadmike/guns/Lancer2-1.jpg

Roberta X said...

Nice! I do mot have a Model F that small, no.

Sigivald said...

Reminds me a lot of my Llama .380, also a more-or-less-Mustang-clone.

Good fun.

Nick said...

Would you ever sell that Star DK?

Roberta X said...

No, Nick.