Sunday, March 11, 2012

Omelette

Tie-dyed, freak-range, er, free-range eggs, whupped up with a dash of Worcestershire, poured out into a peppered, greased skillet, sprinkled with a mixture of crunched-up corn chips and Rice Chex mixed with all manner of spices (little cayenne, little cajun, some sesame and garlic, whatever) and then two cheeses (Emmenthaler and Provolone Picante). Fold when it's time, sprinkle with chives and cook 'til done; serve with a generous smear of pesto and hot sauce to taste.

Yum!

5 comments:

Tango Juliet said...

That is one of the advantages of living in or near the big city.

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Y'know, I always feel outclassed when I read about your cooking. We had scrambled eggs with bacon and American cheese on Pillsbury Grands biscuits.

Although I must say they were a d*mned sight better than the equivalent offering at the local fast fooderies...

Roberta X said...

They sound wondrous! --My cooking really isn't that much; I look in the fridge and see what I have to work with.

Michael said...

I'm with you on everything except the cereal. I just can't get my brain around that. Is it for the texture (is it still crunchy) or is it just for some extra volume?

Roberta X said...

It carries most of the spices, it bulks up the eggs and it kept the cheese from sinking. And it helped use the stuff up.