Sunday, March 12, 2017

Oh, fertheluva--

     I'm sick.  Not "again," still.

     So, the doctor's office mistakenly double-prescribed antibiotics, I foolishly took 'em both -- for one day! -- and it messed up my digestion, badly.  Cost me a day's work and has cost many many hurried trips down the hall since, but it's been steadily improving.  (Well, except for last Thursday, but I'm blaming a supermarket vegetable tray for that.)

     Meanwhile, I'm still short of breath, mildly congested of sinuses, far more headachy than usual, and my knees and elbows started to ache.  A lot.  This is a very worrisome thing for me, because when I had rheumatic fever in childhood and again in my late 20s,* extremely painful joints were the most obvious symptom, knees and (to a lesser extent) elbows.  I spent yesterday in bed, having not slept well the night before, and after all day in bed and a steady intake of OTC painkillers, I slept pretty well last night.

     Restarted the strong antibiotic last night, too, perhaps just in time: I have been coughing and coughing all morning, and evidence is my lungs are clearing.  Hoping I can manage to keep my digestion balanced and get through the whole bottle of pills as prescribed.  No dairy within two hours before or after taking them (once a day), so I suppose it will be yogurt for lunch.  Yeech.
___________________________________
* It is not impossible that I'm due for another round, or overdue.  I would just as soon avoid it.

4 comments:

pigpen51 said...

I am sending good thoughts your way. You have had a rough winter. Hopefully, with the coming of spring, your health will turn the corner, and you will have a long and happy stretch of good health. Take care of yourself, and rest as you are able, and as you need to.

Old NFO said...

Hope this round knocks it out. HATE those lingering cold/flu symptoms. Mine hung around for almost a month.

Gewehr98 said...

That's the one thing I always hated about serious antibiotics - the death of one's beneficial gut bacteria. Trading one problem for another, if only temporarily. :(

Here's hoping this prescription gets you back on track!

Guffaw in AZ said...

OH, GEEZ!

Take care of yourself!

gfa