Thursday, August 15, 2024

Dr. Zarkov? Dr. Huer, Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard?

     My reference to "Dr. Zharkov" yesterday prompted a response -- I'd combined Buck Rogers with Flash Gordon!  It wouldn't be the first time those two science fictional universes have crossed paths; parts of sets and costumes from one character's 1930s serials showed up in the other's.

     For the record, Buck Rogers gets his fancy tech from Dr. Huer in the books and TV show; Flash Gordon's scientific wizard is Dr. Zarkov, no h.

     Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine and Dr. Howard?  I'll let them answer for themselves.

1 comment:

RandyGC said...

My favorite episode of the 70s Buck Rogers tv series was an episode with Buster Crabbe, playing a pilot named Brigadier Gordon
"I've been doing that sort of thing since before you were born captain"
"You think so huh?"
"Young man, I know so."