Tuesday, December 23, 2014

In Anti-Gun Land....

     .....Every day is Rat-On-Your-Parents Day!

     Yes, go look -- it's a PSA that suggests kids ought to take guns from home and bring them to their teachers at school. (So they can "feel safe.")  Kids, don't do this.  It doesn't end well for you or your family.  It's a Federal crime -- several Federal crimes, in fact.

     Watch it and picture, instead of a gun, a Bible, a Torah or a science textbook that contradicts their account of creation.  Maybe Mom or Dad's copy of National Review or Mother Jones, a union membership card, a Masonic ring....  "Here, Teacher.  I don't feel safe with this in my house."

     This isn't a good trend.  The video shows a clean, orderly home; the adult female, presumably the child's mother, is well-groomed and calm; there is no sign the child's home is anything but a little above-average, or that the child himself is mistreated.  The only "bad" thing in the home is a poorly-secured firearm (and just how well have you childproofed your power outlets and household chemicals?).  But it's A-OK in the PSA producer's view for the child to substitute his own judgement for that of his parent -- or at least it is when the topic is a G-U-N.

     Maybe this PSA just ignorantly well-meant but I figure book-burnings aren't all that far behind.  "Wrongthink!  Ungood!"  And oh, how we will come to love Big Brother.

10 comments:

Ken said...

Heh. They maun try, I suppose.

In the spirit of "any chair in a bar fight," I and several others reported the video to YouTube as advocating multiple felonies.

Charles Lee Scudder said...

Honestly I am ignoring this thing. It seems to be a trolling video by a no talent group trying to get attention so they don't starve in an industry that they suck at doing. Trolls should starve.

Guffaw in AZ said...

Growing up in the 50's and 60's, my firearms were secured by "Don't you dare touch this without my permission!, But, if you need it, here's where it is!"
Period.
If I'd seen such a PSA, I'd just assumed it was produced by the commies.
Or Nazis.
And I'd have been correct.

gfa

Anonymous said...

My father's guns were secured by "don't touch this, but if you do, carefully make certain to it, then clean and oil it and then put it back the way it was."

rickn8or said...

And I'm sure the police would believe the youngster who tells them "This? No! I was just taking it to school to turn in!"

("That's not my dope; these aren't my pants!")

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Guffaw, that method of security was also true for me in the '70s. Of course my dad was 10 years older than my friends' dads, so maybe that's why.

Roberta X said...

That was the method used in the house where I grew up, too. Dad never put away the rifle or shotgun loaded, and he kept ammunition elsewhere, someplace in the off-limits closets, trunks and dressers of the Master Bedroom.

Perhaps it's just my age, but for me the major Parenting Fail of that PSA is that the kid goes digging through his parents dresser with impunity.

Bubblehead Les. said...

What is more disturbing to me is the Concept that a Child in 2014 should trust their Nanny-State Sponsored School Teachers MORE than the Parents who gave them Life and has Fed, Clothed and Sheltered them, fixing their "Boo-Boos" with a Kiss and some Neo-Sporin, and will probably have to pick up the Tab when they enter College to pursue their Degrees in "Social Justice."

Of course, it would be amusing to see the looks on those Teachers faces when 12 year old Johnny pulls that Glock out during Homeroom and heads towards the Teacher with it in hand.

Schandefreund!

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Heh. They've now taken the video private on YouTube.

rickn8or said...

"Heh. They've now taken the video private on YouTube. "

Oh, yes. That's useful. A private PSA. (eyeroll)