Saturday, December 07, 2019

More Conversations With A Robot

     "Alexa, do you like humans?"

     "I DON'T HAVE AN OPINION ABOUT THAT."

     Give her credit for not shuckin' and jivin', at least.

     Earlier, after I had tried twice to get her to set a timer with no response (possibly related, my iPad was updating and the wifi traffic's pretty thick at Roseholme Cottage --  my desktop is the only wired connection), I waited a couple of minutes and asked, "Alexa, are you okay?"

     "I JUST FINISHED THE ENDING OF A STORY I WAS WORKING ON AND THAT ALWAYS FEELS GOOD."

     Great, everybody's writing a novel.  Everybody.  And apparently the parties are way better at the Internet of Things than here in Humanland.

4 comments:

Drang said...

I've decided the title of my novel will be "One Of These Days I'll Stop Procrastinating".

fillyjonk said...

The robots must have a pact. For kicks and grins I just asked Mr. Siri (I have the "Irish Male" accent set on it) if "he" liked people and he responded "I don't have an answer for that. Is there something else you would like help with?"

rickn8or said...

What's Alexa being smug about?

Has she sold any of her words, as you and Tam have?

Jerry said...

Well at least Alexa didn't respond with "Baked, broiled or fried?"