Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Better, But...

      I guess I had no real idea just how sick I was, or just what a long, slow ramp-up there had been.  Yesterday, I was alternating work and sleep, trying to get something done when I could.  Just about every waking was a slow struggle, but once I surfaced, something or other would be hurting less, or I'd be less dizzy, or just a little more able to formulate a coherent thought without having to go back over it a half-dozen times.

     Went to bed early last night and kept waking up, but each time, I slept longer, finally finishing the night with a glorious nearly three hours of uninterrupted sleep.  Laugh if you like, it was a real luxury to me.

     The only bad part of this is that being sick seems to have ramped up joint pain in general.  Over a month ago, I took two or three nasty falls, catching myself on my knees on hard floors each time.  As everything else ebbs, it's becoming more and more obvious that my knees are are really not happy.  At least it's a familiar problem.  I own canes and crutches if I need them in the short-term, and over the longer term, the orthopedic surgeon who fixed my knee (and then repaired the repair!) is still around; I've gone back to them in the past when my knees have acted up.

     Took another set of the prescribed pills this morning. One of them, the pharmacy told me my insurance wouldn't cover, and named a fairly high price.  I told them I would be happy to pay it -- gee, feel better for the price of three hour's after-taxes pay or not, what to do? -- and then my actual price at the drive-up was less than half.  Nice surprise!

     Being sick, I have not seen much of the GOP convention.  Between-sleep glimpses have bordered on the surreal.  Nevertheless, there don't seem to be any surprises there, and I wasn't expecting any.

2 comments:

The Old Man said...

Young lady Ecks, y'all missed nothing non-political. "Point with pride and view with alarm" has been a hallmark of politics since Babylonian times and is again in 2020.

RandyGC said...

Glad you seem to be on the upward swing.

When we thought we were going to have an insurance gap during CINCHOUSE's transition to a new job, I found that GoodRx provided pretty good discounts on my monthly meds. YMMV but would be worth checking it out.

Your pharmacy may have already done it for you, hence the price drop. I stay with mine because they always make the extra effort to find discounts on prescriptions when not covered.