Thursday, December 31, 2020

The Test Results Are Back

      In fact, when I called yesterday, results turned out to have been back, and for several days.  I don't have the virus.  Somehow they neglected to call or e-mail, oh dear, they hadn't the foggiest how that happened.

      I can guess.  There were at least two cars with people in them waiting for tests when I showed up; three more arrived while I was waiting and two more were  pulling into the lot as I was leaving.  It's a small sample, but the whole thing took a little under ten minutes; call it two minutes or less per test, eight hours a day -- at minimum, 240 a day, six days a week, week after week.  And it's a small office.  They've outsourced their test scheduling since my previous visit but the person who spoke with me when I called to ask about my test results sounded busier than most of us would like to be.

       What this means is that I have been dealing with a bad cold, and I can go deal with it at my isolated worksite about as well as I can at home.

2 comments:

Carteach said...

Hope it passes, leaving you breathing easy and able to enjoy the day.

MarcusZ1967 said...

Glad you're ok! Oh, and please tell Tam not to reference 1/1/2020 groundhog meme..... I'm suffering from PSTD on this last year! 😉😉