Friday, March 18, 2022

I'm Afraid To Look It Up


      As a longtime space buff and SF fan, I thought I knew what an "asteroid" was.  Then I saw this entry on a list of explainers at the eye surgeon's office, and--  Well, I just couldn't bring myself to ask.

     Especially after I asked for a replacement "Nolan chart"* mug, having dropped and broken the one they gave me after the initial cataract surgery.  That would be the mug with a Snellen Chart on one side of it and their logo on the other.
________________
* I propose adding a third axis to the actual Nolan chart for "nuttiness," ranging from a high of "total bugnuts" to "sane" with "normal eccentricity" at the center.  I'm sure we'd all like to think that nobody in our own personal corner of the chart would max out on nuttery, but....  Ahem.  Look around yourself, wherever you are.

No comments: