Thursday, July 21, 2022

Do I Have To?

      Getting up and going out to face a world of witlings, nitwits, jerks who want burn civilization down, jerks who just want to watch the flames and chortle, "Tolja! Hah! I told you!" while toasting weenies amid the rubble and all manner of glittering-eyed monomaniacs who know exactly what we need to fix it, be that a touch of the lash, one or another flavor of civil war or internal oppression, big ol' hit of Karl Marx (but I repeat myself) or a whacking great hammer of That Old-Time Religion (ibid)?  I've got no taste for it.  None of 'em are willing to get along with anyone else.  None of them will leave people be and they are all frothingly angry that folks won't line up behind them like they want 'em to.

      And I'm not willing to go wander among them, wondering which side's going to throw the first broken bottle today.

      You have fun now; I'm going back to bed.  Maybe if I wake up, I'll find out this has all been a long and strangely detailed nightmare.

No comments: