Friday, July 08, 2022

NaNoWhat?

      The outfit that runs NaNoWriMo* every November also runs "Camp NaNo" every April and July.  Unlike November, the focus isn't on getting a novel on paper but on any writing project -- you pick it, set your own goals and try to meet them.  They don't charge anything, though they will happily sell you swag and they accept donations.

      This month, I'm participating.  I have been somewhat stalled on a couple of novellas or novelettes or novelobligattos or some such thing, so I picked the one I think is more plotted out and have been gnawing away at it.  Will Camp NaNo help me get it done?  I don't know.  But it's something.

      Both stories are set in the "I Work On A Starship" universe, one in 1961 - 65 or so and the other in the late 1970s, while the covert kinda-sorta war between the "Far Edgers" and Earth was still running.  It's an interesting stretch of time.
_______________________
* National Novel Writing Month, for those of us who chew our food instead of bolting it down.

3 comments:

Rick T said...

Yea!!!! You have one guaranteed sale here.

Git 'er done...

Cop Car said...

You really live up to your "frog in a blender". Go for it!

rickn8or said...

Two. Two guaranteed sales. /Count voice off