Thursday, October 13, 2022

I'm Not Facing The End Of Whatever Without Coffee

      I don't know about you, but the pandemic-driven shortages prompted me to up my food (etc.)-to-keep game.  Thanks to my Mom's good example, I always did keep some pantry items stocked, enough for a week or more.  These days, it's more like a month, though it would run pretty heavily to rice, beans, pasta and tomato-based entrees supplemented by canned meat, once the fresh and frozen food ran out.

      There are a few things I stock in depth these days and other than paper goods, they tend to be semi-luxuries.  Fancy butter, whole-bean coffee, "raw" sugar (it's not that raw) and coffee creamer: I keep well away from running out.  While I sincerely hope and expect that things won't get too terrible, when it comes to coffee and butter, I'd just as soon hedge my bets.

No comments: