Wednesday, January 31, 2024

My Blog Is Not Your Debate Club

     This is my blog, where I hold forth on my opinions.  You get to read them for free, paying exactly what they are worth -- same value as any other opinions.

     While I publish some comments, especially if they offer cogent, interesting, amusing and/or original points (even if they differ from my own notions), I don't publish every comment.  If all you have to offer are reheated partisan bumper-stickers or anger, don't expect to get through the filter.  All-caps lectures?  Knock yourself out, but the very first "YOU'RE STUPID..." results in it being deleted with the remainder unread.  Getting yelled at is no better than an echo chamber.  This blog is neither.  It's a megaphone, and a pretty small one.

     Don't like it?  Make your own blog.  I hear Substack's got lots of extra capacity these days.

3 comments:

Joe in PNG said...

One of the joys of maturity is the realization that dealing with many kinds of stupidity is optional. On the internet, for instance.

RandyGC said...

Your house. It is not polite of me to come into your house for the purpose of abusing you or your opinions.

I occasionally post a disagreement with you, but more with the intention of getting further thoughts on the subject from your point of view that starting an argument for the sake of arguing. I do try to keep some ports opened in my little bubble in the world.

Anonymous said...

Your blog, your rules.
I usually read about every month or so, browsing through and enjoying the peek you allow into your quiet home life.
If I feel the URGENT need to say something (I'm lazy), it would be to try to offer semi-rational counter (thoughts, facts, opinions). And
So, keep on keepin' on, and many more to you.

President Elect B Woodman