Friday, August 22, 2008

The Blackwateristes

Or is it The Lucky Winners of the Golden Ticket?[1] There's a combined blogfeed for 'em, or most of them, anyway; I notice Miss Tamara "Maverick" K is not (yet) among that lot, though she's posted about the experience already.

UPDATE: They've talked her into signing up. My first guess is that IPA was involved[2], not to mention she's among company that can talk the birds outta trees.

UPDATE UPDATE: For a mercy, our "Slim Jim" trip-prep conversation isn't there. (And should not be, mmmmkay?). I'm not linking to it, either.

UPDATE CUBED: Joe Huffman's Twitter has a running account of his experiences! Quoting Tam already -- she reacts to the sight of firearms and their distant reports with the innocent delight of a shieldmaiden discovering a fresh battle.
___________________________
1. Ever see an Oompa-Loompa ninja? Mind-boggling.
2. As in, at the MayTel Hotel Bar last night: "Hey....yummy yummy India Pale Ale! Mmmmm-goooood! Just sign here on the dotted line before it warms up!" Or, you know, not really.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

She wasn't initially added because she didn't give permission for her feed to be included. I would not assume that people would allow their full content to be posted on another blog without asking first, hence the "with permission" notation on each entry. I made multiple email offers, and it was discussed on various other blogs.

I just got a phone call that she has now given permission, which means that I will now add her.

Anonymous said...

According to Bitter, Tam did not opt-in to the aggregate blog.

Anonymous said...

ok, that makes me look like an idiot. Which really all that hard. so...

nevermind...

Anonymous said...

isn't... isn't all that hard..

see

ok, just delete me and take me out and shoot me...

Roberta X said...

Bitter: Um, the dull thud was my attempt at humor augering in. I figured Tam -- who is an independent cuss even when she's renting one's attic -- either hadn't made up her mind about joining the feed yet or had opted out.

Dneylon? Do you need to lie down for a while? ;) Timestamp's right there on each comment, anyone can see you and Bitter must have been typing at the same time.

Anonymous said...

yes, thank you... a rest would be nice..

David