Saturday, August 16, 2008

BlogMeet Sunday!

...I really should write something. After a week of filling in for The Zedd, a vacationing coworker who has worked the 4:30 ayem to 1 pip emma shift for something like the last 40 years, my mind's fried, the fridge and cabinets are just about empty and if Tam hadn't called to remind me Wednesday to get more, the cats would be out of food and litter.

All that's done with for now and after today to recuperate, market and possibly take in the State Fair, there's an Indy BlogMeet this Sunday!

It will be 3:00 p.m., 17 August 2008, at the Broad Ripple Brew Pub. The Cuppa' Turonistan will be awarded (on some basis or another) and there will be conversation, food, drinks and laughter.

This is the Sendoff To Blackwater BlogMeet. At least one and -- I sincerely hope, Caleb -- perhaps two of the Para Ordnance contest winners will be in attendence. So this is your last chance to ply them with liquor and give them benefit of your advice ("Always also carry a hankie, a toothbrush and a surprisingly large knife," is mine) before they set out for the Southeast.

6 comments:

Frank W. James said...

I must send my regrets in advance for both this weekend and the next.

Thanks for the invite though.

All The Best,
Frank W. James

Tam said...

That pesky "Real Life™" stuff, eh?

Mebbe next time. :)

Frank W. James said...

It's the old 'You can't put seven pounds of dirt in a five pound bag' thingie.

All The Best,
Frank W. James

Although I do have a bunch of peaches to dump on some willing soul. Dad's fruit trees are literally falling over with fruit.

red said...

The Mrs and I won't be attending today, family stuff to do up north.

Caleb said...

Sorry guys - my wife had surgery on Friday and we spent the weekend making sure she was okay.

Pesky real life, indeed.

Roberta X said...

Sounds like a far higher priority to me, Caleb. My best wishes for her speedy recovery.