Monday, August 25, 2008

Random Thoughts From Work

My co-worker Conan the Objectivist claims I have to have a creative outlet or I'd explode; often it's random coinings in response to whatever's going on at the time. Most are not gems but a few may be shiny in spots:

After catching the edge of some marvelously Byzantine maneuverings, "Why am I flying through the air towards the sound of wolves howling, and what happened to all my good, good friends in the troika?"

They're all evil twins until proven otherwise! (The 257th Rule of Soap Operas)

"Feed a man a fish, you've fed him for a day; feed a man to the fish and he's not gonna bother you ever again."

They broke the mold when they made him but we suspect the spores are lingering. (In response to a county judge moving out of his courtroom over a mold scare).

...My coworkers are spared most of these, so I can pass the savings on to you!

2 comments:

Turk Turon said...

"Teach a man to build a fire, and he will be warm for the rest of the day; set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

- H.L. Mencken

O.K. it's a lie. I think it was actually Tarantino.

George said...

Oh ... I really like your sense of humour, Roberta. It's wicked. It's pithy. It's spot on.

More, please.