Sunday, January 15, 2012

BlogMeet, Etc. Report

Pretty good turnout for a spur-of-the-week BlogMeet: Old Grouch, Shermlock, the recovering Brigid, Don -- aka Lurker 2 -- and spouse, The Jack, Tam K. and Mr. Engineering Johnson, a first-time attendee! Photo to follow, if it came out. (Brigid's came out better.)...Which it did. Several folks decided to not be photographed in, of all places, a pub (and I can well understand, Carrie Nation not being quite as departed as one might hope). (That's a joke, I say, that's a joke, son....) This did not include The Jack, who fell victim to my photographic, er, "skills." (I prefer candid shots -- but they do not always work out. Or is it "always do not?")

I did get some things in a very short visit to the Indy 1500: two books (including the latest M. Z. Williamson) and a knife for a co-worker. And possibly more; stay tuned!

9 comments:

Home on the Range said...

I got a few photos, will post in a couple hours after I finish Frau Helga's Physical Therapy assignment for the day (it involves a large inflatable ball, unflattering gym shorts and several four letter words).

It was great to see everyone again.

Tango Juliet said...

Cool! All I did today was shoot and install a TV in the basement.

Sport Pilot said...

Did Mad Mike have a table at the Indy 500?

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Durn it. Sorry I missed you all but especially Brigid.

Just try to keep the next one away from the 12th of February; I'll be on the road headed west from the Den of Iniquities, AKA Washington DC, that day.

RichD said...

Glad you are feeling better. I was hoping on making the Indy show and blog meet, but sleeping in won out. Hope to make the spring show.

Roberta X said...

SP: Yes, he did! And autographed my book.

Hat Trick said...

I'll second Nathan's motion and amend to request that you schedule for Feb. 19. I'm sorry that I couldn't make it this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Her eyes! I can see Tam's eyes!

Would a scream be funny at this juncture?

Mike James

Crucis said...

I understand Padre attended too. I'm glad he was able to meet you all.