Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Chicken-Fried Bacon With White Gravy?

     Yes, they make that and so can you.  I haven't ever, but I hope to....

     I did try applying my white gravy recipe to sausage the other day -- a 50/50 mixture of country sausage and chorizo results in a light-orange gravy, very good over day-old crusty bread.  It's similar to the gravy at Zest! Exciting Food Creations, which I'd had there a couple of days ago.  I'm not certain chorizo is the secret ingredient in their "Double Sausage-Sausage Gravy," since my version was a deeper orange and I think there's a bit of paprika in theirs, but it could be.    For the record, I had a Billy's Big Bowl, with scrambled eggs and cowboy potatoes smothered in the stuff, about as satisfying a breakfast as can be had.

2 comments:

freddyboomboom said...

My wife uses maple sausage when she does the gravy for biscuits and gravy, and it comes out nice and yummy.

DaddyBear said...

One of the local swine grinders makes a country sausage that's quite spicy. Make gravy with that and Kentucky Kernel flour, and it's the best biscuits and gravy I've ever had.