Sunday, February 22, 2015

Lazy Person's Snow

     That's what we had, snow for the lazy -- wet enough to stick together, dry enough to not be terribly heavy by the shovel-full, and then temperatures warmed up enough yesterday to melt the snow away where it had been cleared.
     Kind of pretty, too.

     This is a placeholder, prior to shoveling the walks: when there's more  light, I'll snap an "after" to pair with it.
     After:

     Back into the deepfreeze now, so it's good thing I shoveled when I did.  Four below tonight and tomorrow night, single-digit daytime highs, and then a long slow climb that won't get above freezing until next week.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

26 more days... Come on Spring!!! Sigh

JohninMd.(HELP?!??) said...

Spring? What is this strange language you speak, NFO? Cen. Md. Just broke freezing the first time since Valentine's day.

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

So glad I don't have a sidewalk to shovel.

And if anyone thinks I'm going to shovel that 100' driveway for 3" of snow, they can think again. I don't generally bother with the driveway unless there's more than a foot of snow, anymore.

If this goes on, though, I may have to lay out some cash for a new snowblower. 4-cycle, 2-stage, this time.