Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Tam Falls At SHOT

     She's finally owned up to it on her blog: a few days ago, Tam took a fall at SHOT and hurt her knee.  How hurt, she doesn't know yet; a day of keeping off it followed by using a wheelchair consistently has produced remarkable relief, and she's covering SHOT Show, albeit from a lower perspective than she'd like: there's work to be done!

     If you are reading my blog and if you're at SHOT -- an unlikely but not impossible combination -- please keep an eye open for her.  Tamara Keel is about as happy to be in a wheelchair as a barn cat dressed up in doll clothes is to be at a child's tea party, and she's not too fond of relying on crutches or a cane, either.  Having been in that position myself, I sympathize.  So please, lend her hand, try to reduce the amount of derp she encounters, clear a path and be advised: an injured knee can only increase her level of snark.

6 comments:

B said...

I offered to push her around if she could get me into the show.....

Countglockula said...

Hopefully her knee issues aren't serious. I'm sure that if it is still troubling her when she returns that she'll get it checked out.

In the meantime, she made it to the show! All the neat toys and receptions with open bars should ease the pain.

'Four ibuprofen and a martini please'.

Raz

Jeff said...

Well crap!

Old NFO said...

Sorry to hear that. Sadly, I am not there.

Martin from Germany said...

Gute Besserung!

waepnedmann said...

Hoping this is just a bruise that will heal with some time and TLC.
My saga regarding a knee injury is...well, nevermind.
I hope she gets out of pain, so she can enjoy SHOT.
I am sure this is something she has looked forward to all year.
Ibuprophen is most effective if used over a period of several days.