Sunday, January 01, 2017

The New Year Is Here

     And this message is a recording, as I'm on the early-early shift.  It should be the last one for awhile.

     The early shift meant an early bedtime, long before midnight.  I did wake up briefly around 10:45 p.m., to the sound of fireworks and possibly small-arms fire: people may have been in a hurry to see the last of 2016.  Me, I'm not so sure -- years bring what they bring; the wheel turns and the world spins on.

     By the time you read this, I will have - knock wood! -- made my way though a sleeping city to work, in the dark before the dawn of a whole new year. 

     Welcome to 2017.

2 comments:

Guffaw in AZ said...

It's why they pay you the big bucks! (I always wanted to hurt my Dad when he said that to me!)
Regardless, Happy New Year, Bobbi!

gfa

Old NFO said...

Wishing you the best for 2017!