Sunday, September 27, 2009

BlogMeet The Second

...It was a success. The food at Brugge was a hit! I even went so far as to try a beer. (...Okay but I prefer hard cider. I think I'm still a bit squiffy).

It was smartalec name badge day! (Photos at Brigid's. I have some, too but I am to darn sleepy to upload and edit tonight).

We had a good spot on Brugge's terrace next to the Monon and the staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. Move tables around? Sure! More people joining our group? Great! They even rang up a bill in the amount of $0.00 for Shootin' Buddy, so he wouldn't feel left out despite not ordering anything.

In attendance: Mycroft HOLMES IV, Wayne, Shermlock Sholmes and bride, Joanna, Old Grouch, Brigid, Rob K., Mad Saint Jack, Tam, Shootin' Buddy and Yr. Crspndt.

Much good conversation all 'round, plus excellent food. Joanna's first person reports from the 9/12 TEA party in Our Nation's Capitol were particularly interesting, though, alas, punctuated by, "...But we had to spend our [food/souvenirs/emergency/breathing air] budget on cab fare."

The October BlogMeet is coming up! Your suggestions for the date in Comments, please. And perhaps a theme? ...Zombies...?

6 comments:

Tango Juliet said...

Well, that new Woody Harrelson zombie flick is due out this Friday.

Anonymous said...

Theme? Zombies?

No.

No playing dress up.

No. If I want to play dress up, I'd join SASS. No.

Shootin' Buddy

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Sorry I had to miss yesterday. From Brigid's photos, it looks like it was a load of fun.

October: Can't make the 11th or the 25th.

Joanna said...

Shootin' Buddy: You could always be the hapless victim. You know:

"What are you dressed as?"

"I'm a guy who doesn't know he's surrounded by zombies."

I'd support that.

Anonymous said...

"Shootin' Buddy: You could always be the hapless victim. You know:"

Again, to emphasize, No.

I am be old, but I've got a big stack of "no."

No,

Shootin' Buddy

Crucis said...

I'd like to come over for the October Blogmeet. I've no commitments for last half of the month. Perhaps the 23/24th?