Sunday, July 13, 2014

Slept In? You Bet!

     Tam and I I went to the Indianapols Hamfest yesterday, walked and walked -- and bought some neat stuff --
     And then on to 317 Burger for lunch.  I ordered an appetizer called "Bacon" on the menu -- just the one word.  They offer a staggering variety of bacons as a burger topping, so I  was curious what this might be.  It's more of an entree:
     Yes, that's bacon lightly breaded and deep-fried, with a nicely-spiced sausage gravy to dip it in!  Way too much for me; I shared it with the Tam and she countered with half of a ruben egg roll (with Thousand Island dressing to dip it in!).  Okay, you shouldn't have this every day -- or every week, even -- but it certainly is tasty!  (Generally speaking, cornmeal bacon [etc.] is milder-tasting than plain bacon.  This is not; it's loaded with bacon-ness, while the batter it was dipped in sings harmony.  I don't know how they do it.)

     I had to take a nap when we got home, then woke late and stayed up too late before making breakfast (open-face fired egg sandwich on toast -- egg  fried in olive oil with a few drops of chili oil added, then topped with a small slice of Swiss cheese.  When the cheese is melty, you flip the egg onto the toast cheese side down, season to taste and enjoy!).

7 comments:

Dave In Indiana said...

At first glance I thought the second pic was of a fried hard crab...WTH? When did they become popular in this redneck of the woods? Must have something to do with the Colts being from Baltimore.
Then I read that it was bacon that just so happened to be stacked in a way to look like a deep fried, batter dipped blue fin crab. Damn, I was ready to move to Indy.

Roberta X said...

:D

Ygolonac said...

I've never used a head-mounted multimeter, myself.

Or are there knockoff Oculus Rifts already?

:V

Anonymous said...

Xystals !!! make think of finding an old DX-60 and a straight key to see what bands are open.

wb0xxx

rickn8or said...

Could have sworn you mentioned your "heart in a gear" engineering shirt on this post.

Oh, well.

Another take on the Science vs. Engineering" debate.

Roberta X said...

Might have been in comments at Tam's.

Neatorama still sells them.

rickn8or said...

Mystery solved.

'Twas on your FaceBook posting of this.