Friday, April 15, 2022

Nice, Nice, Nice

      Got up at a nice hour this morning, had a nice English muffin with butter and sweet orange marmalade, had a nice bath, dressed nicely, brushed my hair out nicely and went off to see the nice doctor.

     We had a nice visit -- with a nice amount of poking and prodding and stethoscope listening -- and I was nicely told that I needed to lose more weight.  They finally completed my shingles vaccination (nice!) and I went home, to walk over to Half Liter and have a nice brunch -- they do a very fine waffle -- with Tam.

     Nice as can be -- because I'm scared of going to the doctor and if I'm not in a nice, relaxed frame of mind, my blood pressure goes through the roof and they refuse to believe that it measures much lower at home.

     After brunch and a short walk, I was all niced out.  I came home and had a nap before driving over to feed my friend's cats, who were happy to see me.  That really was nice, no effort needed.   They're in need of affection and interaction.

2 comments:

RandyGC said...

Glad the day went as well as it did.

I have relatives afflicted with White Coat Syndrome. Causes some interesting conversations.

On the other hand mine tends to read lower at a Dr's office. (VS home or pharmacy machines).

Mike V said...

I get it. the drive and finding parking to get into the Dr's Office is guaranteed to add 10 point to my BP. My alergy meds are good for another 10 and this time of year, that is good for that side eye look when you try to explain.