Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Hooray! The New Calendar Is Here!

     Calendars frustrate me these days.  Not the ones on my phone or computer, the paper ones.  The modern trend is for teeny-weeny numbers, in wispy fonts that vanish at any distance -- especially for my 64 year old eyes.

     I have shopped and shopped, without much success.  I've made my own, which is fun and not as much work as you might think.  But I'd just as soon buy one.

     Several months into last year, I found a calendar that suited me fine.  It's an import from Japan but labelled in English, and it's just what I've been after: 
     They did a 2023 edition and I ordered mine last week,  It arrived last night, in just the same style.  (Yes, the holiday's on the wrong date and has an odd name; I'll take that to be able to read the numbers from across the room.). The nice folks at Hightide Store DTLA stock them -- it's not inexpensive, but you get what you pay for.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sundays on the right and not the left must confuse a lot of people.
Is Culture Day a Japanese holiday? If it's not, why have that but not Veteran's Day?
Jeffrey Smith

Anonymous said...

Thanks to Twitter, the mystery of Labor Thanksgiving Day is solved. The calendar makers got neither the name nor the date wrong.
It's a Japanese holiday that is celebrated on Nov 23.
See here.
https://twitter.com/camelliakyoto/status/1595203312185671681
Jeffrey Smith

Anonymous said...

Ya just have to get used to the fact that Monday is at the left end and Sunday is at the right end. :-)