Friday, June 28, 2024

Another One Gone

     At closing time today, long-time surplus electronics dealer Fair Radio Sales of Lima, Ohio will be gone.  They've scheduled an auction for mid-August to clear out the final items and then that's it.  Finished.

     I knew water ran downhill.  I never dreamed it would run out.  There are a few places left, but Fair was one of the last left to deal mostly in military surplus electronics.  RF Parts and Surplus Sales of Nebraska are still around, still selling odds and ends of old stuff, but it's increasingly scarce and prices reflect that.

     A lot of my better test equipment came from Fair Radio and thanks to them, I'm still set up to be an outstanding 1970s-80s radio station Chief Engineer.  There's not a lot of call for that these days.

2 comments:

Bob said...

I still call for it. Many thanks for being one

JustMusing said...

Those of us who started out their electrical engineering careers designing with Tubes are disappearing too!