Monday, July 13, 2026

Antenna!

     After checking out the ladders I already own, I realized I had one that was light enough to carry and the right size to reach the roof, so with only one extra trip (had the wrong size of paracord), my ham antenna is back to the usable condition it was in before the raccoons-in-the-chimney excitement.  It was slow going, but I did the job.

     That was Saturday, and it left me pretty worn out.  Still, it's progress.

3 comments:

Ken Rowan said...

Good for you. Now you can chatter to your heart's content.

Mike V said...

If you were able to get that accomplished without aggravating your back, I’d say you’re making progress. Congratulations!

Roberta X said...

The trick is to work out if there's any required single-step heavy lifting. If there is, I don't do it. If not, all I have to do is break up the task into a series of small, simple steps. It isn't fast, but it gets the job done. Outdoors work in this heat is best done slowly anyway.

Still getting cat litter and 24-packs of water delivered. They're too heavy to carry.