Wednesday, November 17, 2010

There Is A Book

Actually, there is a pair of books on my desk right now, but Tam's already claimed one.
I've already started proofreading (the lower book is open on a page rife with tense errors). Rannie the cat has her own opinion: not quite soft enough to nap on and not at all flavorful.

Nice as these are -- shiny covers and decent binding, SharedBook does a fine job -- they are spendy and a bit big for fiction. I am looking at a less-expensive option that produces a more paperback-sized book, with less blog-machinery in the way. And speaking of blogs, here's the one the book is from.

9 comments:

Drang said...

OK, budgeted...

And Rannie looks a lot like our Dear Departed Pretty Kitty.

Turk Turon said...

A great book and a great cat.

Tango Juliet said...

I'm gettin' excited.

John Peddie (Toronto) said...

Congratulations!

I'm just wondering if she's still gonna talk to us, now that she's a Published Author 'n stuff.

Roberta X said...

Um, it doesn't count if you pay for the printing yourself. This is just something I'm doing for fun.

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Ready to buy.

Probably three copies. One for me, two for gifts.

Say the word, milady.

Drang said...

So far as I know, self-published authors can still join SFWA and win a Hugo.

I know people who know people...

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Yay!

Andrew said...

For cost-effective printing, give lulu.com a look. A 250-page trade paperback has a cost of about $8.