Saturday, November 06, 2010

Three Cheers

First, three cheers for Marco's Pizza! 'Cos they deliver 'til 2:00 am. Yeah.

I promised Tam pizza; I had thunk to place a last-minute order to another Broad Ripple institution and keep it warm if need be, but that place stops taking orders way too early, 9:45 pm. Marco's is good, straight-up American pizza, available when we want it: Win!

Next, three cheers for Carteach0! --'Cos he gave me a sliding miter saw (the powered variety) some while back and I have been using it this weekend to make more bookshelves. Ran myself right out of daylight and time today (also 1" #8 flathead wood screws) but I have one set of shelves fully assembled, ready for light sanding, and another set all cut, sides ready to be routed (even marked the verticals) and put together. The miter saw really speeds things up; I don't have to clamp a guide piece in place for every cut, just mark it, line it up and zip through the board.

This set of shelves will -- if I measured correctly! -- fit on the opposite side of the window seat and wrap around the corner. Then I'll have two walls with new shelves.

2 comments:

Tango Juliet said...

You are so talented!

Carteach said...

You are more than welcome. I still have warm fuzzy dreams about wading into that book collection.