Saturday, March 05, 2011

Bookmarking This: Steampunk Seamstress

Found at Artfire, an Etsy-like site that's new to me: Damsel In This Dress. She makes Steampunk ladies attire, very pretty stuff. Corsets (of course) in a wide range of sizes ('cos, look, they're cute 'n'all but you get too far from your natural waist size, there's all manner of discomfort and trouble -- those fainting Victorian maidens were not faking it for the attention) and marvelous skirts.

I realize many of my blog readers are probably not enthusiastic shoppers, especially for frilly skirts, but by golly I am, and my sense of style is usually not in sync with what they've got at the department store.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I have a hankering for a frock coat and embroidered vest, myself.

Have you looked at:

http://www.westernemporium.com/ladies_oldwest_clothing.php?from=image

Keads said...

Ah, don't feel bad, my sense of style does not fall in line with the department store stuff either! I do like some of the Steampunk stuff!

And yes I must admit I am not a shopper for frilly skirts! Where prey tell I could put the .45? Plus I don't have the legs to pull off a skirt anyway, LOL!

SordidPanda said...

A friend of mine for going on two decades has been making renfaire gowns for girls at her etsy sight.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/nellicarave

But having worn some of her creations for college theater productions I can vouch that she is good at doing adult stuff too.

Ruth said...

Very cool, I'm always on the lookout for well done "non-standard" styles. Steampunk, renfaire, and on and on, stuff that you just can't find, at least well done, in the stores.

Sabra said...

Not too big on frilly skirts, but corsets make me smile, and those prices are great!

Anonymous said...

Department store style is overrated. It's what you feel comfortable in and wear well.