Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day Two: Crises In My Sinuses

The cold continues.

Last night was marked by frequent awakenings to clear out my head, interspersed with a bizarre ongoing narrative about an earthquake-wrecked desalinization plant in a Japanese harbor that was, against all odds, continuing to perform.

I suppose it's a metaphor.

Between my sinuses and sore throat, I had to sleep sitting up. If I laid down, I could barely draw breath, though it took a few minutes to creep up. Not recommended.

P.S.: 100.6 temperature. Grrrrrrreat.

5 comments:

North said...

I've been in the same condition, RobertaX, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Nothing worse than the suffocation from plugged sinuses.

I hope everything clears up for you today.

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

This must stop.

You must get well.

That is an order, little missy!

:)

Tango Juliet said...

Get well soon!

RobertSlaughter said...

The not-yet-ex wife used to be be prone to getting sinus infections at the drop of a hat. Once she went on antibiotics for 2 weeks, and within hours of stopping them, the yucky goos re-appeared. So, we tried an herbal experiment, and she'd been clear since.

Garlic tea. Take a clove of garlic, run it through a garlic press (the mashing is as important as the cutting), and add it a cup of piping hot water and let it steep until the water is drinkable; strain and consume. Add chamomile and/or honey to make palatable.

Keads said...

Get well! I am plagued with sinus stuff year round. Saline rinses helped more than anything.