Tuesday, March 29, 2011

It Is The Way Of Cats

Huck snuck into the basement behind me this morning when I headed laundryward in search of a warmer top. I learned this when I heard him say, quite distinctly, "Ew!" and turned around to find him peering intently down the floor drain, which still has its cover off pending a serious wirebrush-and-repaint effort. He had his lip curled and looked disgusted; then he turned and trotted towards the stairs.

I was poignantly reminded of Miss Slinky, who once walked into the washroom while I was taking a bath, took a nice long look down the heat vent, announced, "Oh, no!" and departed in haste. I never did figure out what that was about.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite "Cat Moment" was when one of my sisters dropped a little of what she was cooking for dinner on the floor. When Skeeter the Cat sniffed it, his whole face wrinkled up and then he tried to "Dig it over" like something he had deposited in the litter box. I decided Mickie Dee's was indicated and made myself scarce.

bob said...

I bet Huck saw the clown that lives down there...

Roberta X said...

H'mmm. For some reason, that seems plausible.