Saturday, December 31, 2016

The Other Kind Of "Plumbing" Update

     After several days of, ahem, normal function, I skipped the Lomotil pill last night.  This morning, after it became obvious I shouldn't have, I took one.  So that's two a day, still plenty less than the suggested "one or two every six hours as needed," but what'm I gonna do after taking the last one?

     I'm enjoying (hahaha) a nice cup of plain Greek yogurt with a little salt and pepper.  Cottage cheese it ain't, but I bought some of that, too, for a reward if I finish this stuff.  Which I have, so I will.  Can they not make live-culture cottage cheese, or would that be awful?  What's so special about yogurt?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"... but what'm I gonna do after taking the last one?"

OTC Immodium.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Equate-Anti-Diarrheal-Caplets-2mg-72ct/12444647

The downside is the reaction your gut has when you stop taking it...

B said...

Different culture. The Rennet they use in low acid cottage cheese won't help yer "plumbing".

There is no enzymessed u in high acid large curd cottage cheese.

You can, you know, buy capsules with the same bugs you are getting from the yoghurt.

R. Douglas said...

As B said, cottage cheese is made by separating the curd and whey with enzymes (or heat, or CaCO3, etc), no bugs needed. Bugs mess up the process and the result is, you guessed it...yogurt.

Anonymous said...

Ease into the consumption of extra virgin coconut oil, e.v. Olive oil, grape seed and hazel nut oil by spoon and a quality probiotic

Scott said...

I know firsthand from past experience with antibiotics that getting my intestinal flora rejuvenated should be the first order of business. I loath low-fat yoghurt with sugars, binders, thickeners and such. I have found the full fat greek to be best tasting with maybe a little fruit preserves added. Even better is Kefir, which has about 4x the variety of bacteria as a good greek yoghurt, such as Page.