Thursday, May 18, 2023

After Three Years

      I spent three years dodging it.  I've had two or three maybes when I felt sick enough that I ran the test and came up okay.  When this cold started, I discovered my saved-back test kits had expired, so I ordered another one.

      It arrived last night but I felt so bad that I was too clumsy to use it.  This afternoon, I felt good enough to try.  It's a little science experiment -- prepare the card, take the sample, apply the sample to the card and start the clock.

      Tick-tock, tick-tock....

      Bingo.  Two lines.

      Dammit.

4 comments:

Roberta X said...

Thank you, and I hope it's useful for others -- I ditched mine when I found they were eight months expired.

Anonymous said...

Paxlovid. Also a it took me three years.

Cop Car said...

It seems the nasty bug is catching up with too many of us who were oh-so-careful, this year. I hope that you get over-and-done, quickly, without permanent issues. Sending you hugs!

Antibubba said...

I've had it twice, once before the vaccine and once after. Both times I lost my sense of smell and had a fever, but that was about it. Or so I thought. I've been getting winded with fairly mild exertion, so I have a stress test coming up.

I'm sure the conspiranoids will tell me it's the vaccine's doing. I don't have the energy to argue over it. I've reached the age where the illness is more dangerous than the vaccine can possibly be. Feel better soon.