Friday, May 19, 2023

Enough Already

      Another night of temperatures well over 100 F, from which I wakened damp around 3:30 this morning and began the hour or two of feeling not-too-awful before plunging back into chills and silliness.  I have been changing from a summer-weight cotton nightgown to winter flannel under a sleep sweater before the chills hit, and back to the lighter gown when my temperature rises.

      I made tea and toast for breakfast today, about the limit of my culinary abilities at present, and sat down at the computer.  I got one bite of toast before the youngest cat pulled down the plate, bringing it and both slices of buttered rye bread to the floor.

      He is in temporary exile and I am enjoying a few Ritz crackers instead; I wasn't up to the exhausting complexity and length of time it takes to make two more slices of toast.  Neither one goes nicely with my sore throat.  I'd try oatmeal but not until I feel well enough to wash some dishes.

      Back to bed.  COVID sucks.

No comments: