Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Aspirin, Ice And The Tincture Of Time

     Yesterday, I took to my bed, alternating aspirin and acetaminophen to cope with knee pain.  Eventually I resorted to a hot pad (I was having chills) and cold packs on my knee. I also restarted vitamin D: I ran out over a week ago, picked up more last week, and left the bottle on the shelf.

     Some success: my worst knee still hurts but it's not so obtrusive that I can't focus, and neither one is too stiff to walk.  Yesterday, I could manage to get from room to room; today, a trip to the garage feels possible and if I can get that far, why, the city is my oyster!  I have a cane in the car (and another in my room), as a backup, just in case.

     Things are looking so bright, I'm going to have to dig out the clip-ons.

No comments: