Friday, December 24, 2010

8:48

I slept in. Need to get the latest on family. (Thinking about making an omlette if all is well. Bacon-Swiss, maybe? Or I've got bangers and tatties for mash. Or my fave, hash & eggs....but that gets old for anyone except me.)

Update I: Mom okay, wants to put off thinking too much about matters medical until after the three-day weekend and has been, so far, successful.

Update II: a 5-egg omlette containing bacon, Swiss cheese and a slice of Lebanon bologna; the eggs seasoned with a little bit of paprika, cumin and dill. And a dash of Cholula on it. Yum! And yes, I can fold a five-egg omlette. There isn't even a trick to it. (Firefox thinks it should be "omelet." Best two outta three?)

6 comments:

Carteach said...

Nothing wrong with hash and eggs, although I must admit a fondness for the foul kind of hash that comes in a can. Mom and Dad liked it, and that filtered down I suppose.

og said...

I too am a fan of tinned hash. I keep a can or two in the fridge so i can slice the chilled hash up into patties and fry them up.

I hope the Eve brings you some rest and good news, ms X. You are in my prayers.

Tango Juliet said...

Best of luck Bobbi!

phlegmfatale said...

hmmm! Bangers? Tatties? I'll be right over!

Sending warm thoughts your way (and your mom's) this Christmas.

Joseph said...

Interesting origin as to "Bangers"...explosive sausages, perhaps recalling the days in WWI when biplanes battled Zepplins in the skies over England?

Hmmm..."Zepplins and mashers", or"Hindenberg breakfast" should it catch fire....

Try the veal. I'm here all week!

Anonymous said...

Omelette.

That's the way it's written in the old country.