Monday, December 06, 2010

Word To Your...Congress

I'm always happy to see divided government -- it means they'll spend more time fighting with one another and less time trying to pick my pocket or "improve" me -- but I believe we need to sit the new crop down and give them a stern talking-to.

I'd tell 'em, "You didn't get a mandate. You got this job because the guys before you pilfered the not-so-petty cash and wrote bloated, confusing laws; and the guys before them did the same thing and got into fights, too. We hired you to watch the place and keep us from going broke and only after you have accomplished that should you even think about 'improving' anything." But would they listen?

You've got me there. I don't know if they've ever listened.

6 comments:

Hollowpoint1938 said...

Well said.

May I have your permission to use these exact words when I next pester
my Congrescritters??

George said...

I have often wondered why so few of Roberta's readers comment on her postings. I know now.

Roberta ... your postings are so apt ... and succinct ... that nothing more is needed.

I guess you're going to have to prompt us with questions ... or sumpthin'.

Regards,
George

PS: I'm a Canuck ... but I agree with you.

Roberta X said...

HP'38: sure!

George: My blushes! I figured they didn't comment because they'd already had the exact same thoughts.

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

No comment is needed when truth is uttered. Or in this case, written.

But that being said: You go, Bobbi. :)

BobG said...

"The mystery of government is not how Washington works but how to make it stop."
-P.J. O'Rourke

Drang said...

This is, of course, the drum the various tea Party organizations have been beating non-stop since Election Day. (Before, in many cases.)

Many of the newest crop of congresscritters, and even many of the established ones, are waring the GOP that if they screw this up, then 2012 will be The Year Of The Third Party.