Thursday, December 09, 2010

They Look So...Book-y

You know I don't even have a word count? But the lulu.com paperback runs to 314 pages total and they look like this:
Click to embiggenate
Cost to my door was on the near order of $14 per each; pretty as they are (and they're very nice), by the time I make a buck (or, heheheh, two) and send ship them on to you-the-customer, the total is pushin' twenny for a paperback. Ka-Blam can cut that about in half, which is what I'd prefer. Plus it is easier to do my own cover art with them, at least for a given value of "easy."

The cats restored perspective: Huck decided to become Cat In The Box using the box the books were shipped in and Random Numbers approved. She may be estimating postage to Patagonia, though:Very blurry, it was almost dark in the room. Huck had his high beams on but Rannie was dimmed way down.

14 comments:

Drang said...

Just say how much and where.

And give the kittehs a skritch.

Jennifer said...

So cool! I'm interested once you've got them for sale. And if you want a volunteer editor...

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

WHERE DO I SEND THE MONEY!

Roberta X said...

OMG. Lemme get the most egregious misspellings out, at least.

The lulu version, I can splat right over to Amazon. And I likely will, as soon as the Prue.Freading is done.

Tango Juliet said...

We have liftoff!!

But if we go Amazon, how do we get an autographed copy (which is what we all want.)

Joanna said...

Cat-in-the-box! My cat just eats boxes. She prefers to be kitty-in-the-rug.

(Rannie can probably quote the "If it fits, it ships" commercials verbatim.)

Also I'm totally stealing Prue Freading as a character name. She's a crotchety old lady who used to be a librarian, and now spends her time correcting misspelled public signs with an off-brand sharpie marker.

Anonymous said...

What D.W. said. If my e-mail isn't embedded in this here comment (I can't remember how blogger works for that) either please leave me a comment or ask Brigid for it.

Jim

Turk Turon said...

Save one for me! I'll pay anything!

Newbius said...

Do Want. Name the time, place, and price. I might come get it in person.

All the best to you and yours, and the cats, too!

(WV: "Palin". Seriously)

Skip said...

Is it on sale yet?
I won't pay more than a dollar three ninety eight.
Didn't take long for the new stud to take over command.

Carteach said...

Autographed copy? Your first book, and a first edition?

I will happily pay your price and shipping. E-mail me an address to send a check, or a paypal address if you still trade with those thieves.

Roberta X said...

Joanna: FWIW, her middle name is "Dot." Probably short for Dorothy. ...You know, I don't think we're on Kansas II any more...

Old Grouch said...

She may be estimating postage to Patagonia

Remember the old Far Side (or maybe it was Herman... seems NOT to be on the web): "How far can I ship this cat for ten dollars?"?

And yes, put me down for a book, too.

Ian Argent said...

Abu Dhabi. Though himself is the wrong coloring to be the victim of that.