Thursday, October 13, 2011

Bell Invented It, We Subverted It

Shootin' Buddy and I often have telephone calls in the borderland between chaos and surrealism. I'm a mumbler and he's done so very much shooting that everyday sounds are a bit distant; I will answer the telephone by saying the first thing that pops into my head and he is only too happy to pick it up and run with it:

Shootin' Buddy: [Utters a tautology with which no right-minded person could possibly disagree.]

Roberta X: "Oh, nonsense!"

SB: (mock-stentorian) "'ODE TO NONSENSE?'"

RX: "No, it was 'Ode To A Grecian Urn.' The Greek doesn't earn much anymore but he still wants a whole lot of free stuff."

SB: "It's all your fault the Greeks are broke, you know."

RX: "What? 'The Woman Is Keepin' The Grecian Down?' Does that even make any sense?"

SB: "Oh, I could do a whole lot with that phra--" (abrupt change of tone) "You know how to make a noise like a dolphin? 'hunh-uh, hunh-uh, hunh-uh, hunh-uh...'"

RX: "I think we can loan you a ten-foot pole to not touch that with...."

SB: "Hey, is Tam about?"

...Ten-foot pole, six foot Pole, whatever....

7 comments:

Keads said...

Maybe you need to tend to the carbon transmitter in the mouth piece of your phone? Or is random conversation more entertaining? If so give me a call!

North said...

I just had a random conversation with some strange dude.

I have no idea what we talked about because my wife was sexting me at the same time.

Roberta X said...

I sure hope no messages got crossed up!

BGMiller said...

I dunno there Ms. X....

If a message went sideways it'll make his next comments a lot more fun for the rest of us.

BGM

WV: mitshbu - A Japanese import after some twerp kid has run it under a slow moving semi.

Guffaw in AZ said...

How much DOES a Grecian urn?

BGMiller said...

Guffaw,

Judging by the hand wring in the papers and the wails from the EU I'm guessing not enough.

BGM

WV: priction - *snickersnicker*

Keads said...

Oh, that explains it North!