Friday, October 21, 2011

The World Ends Today

It must be true -- Harold Camping said so, and he's an old hand at predicting the end of the world. He's done it a lot.

Are you ready? Affairs all in order? Light lunch packed? Ready to lay out a nice buffet for the Four Horsemen?

Remember to wear loose-fitting comfortable clothes and to keep a positive attitude.

It's just a pity FEMA didn't schedule their National EAS Test any sooner. Oh, well. At least they had nice, unnerving graphics.

Update: Bip bip bip,* Mr. Camping -- day's almost over and what have you accomplished?
____________________________________
* In some ways, "Normal" was my favorite male character in Dark Angel. Sure, he was usually a jerk, but in a broken world, he was still striving.

11 comments:

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Oh, come on. AGAIN? This is starting to get like a national holiday or something.

;-)

karrde said...

If I miss it, can someone clue me in on the event?

Larry said...

Darn, is that today? I hope they don't make too much noise. I have a shooting class tomorrow so I have to be up early.

Joanna said...

While I welcome the idea of, to use the old fashioned term, going home to be with Jesus, I would frankly be disappointed if Camping turned out to be right. It would just be so darn predictable.

ba dum tsch

perlhaqr said...

Crap. I drove the wrong car to work today, I guess.

Gewehr98 said...

Didn't like how she was treated. Don't think her recitation of Amendment #4 really had anything to do with it, though. She could've recited "Green Eggs & Ham" and got the same results, IMHO.

Anonymous said...

What about my cold cuts? AND I am all out of Triscuits.

How can we have an end of the world party with cold cuts and Triscuits???

Shootin' Buddy

Ritchie said...

And don't forget the towel.

Windy Wilson said...

Camping should be good at this, he's had about as much practice as Mark Twain had at quitting smoking.

What was it T.S. Eliot wrote? "This is the way the world will end, not with a bang but a whimper"?

Ed Skinner said...

Rats. Looks like I got left behind AGAIN!

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Wait! The house next door is empty...

Oh, that's right, it's been empty since last spring. Stand down.

(Anybody looking for a $69K fixer-upper 2-story 4-bedroom with 2-car gargage and huge back yard, north side of Indy?)