Thursday, October 27, 2011

Blogoradosis

I've got it. Mild case so far, sneeziness, off-and-on persistent sinus drainage, occasional bouts of dizziness when it doesn't drain fast enough. Had it about a week.

Tam, on the other hand -- she has had every change rung (or should it be "wrung?"): chills. Aches. Sneezing. Congestion. Down to a nasty cough and joint aches the last few days. She's finally talking about visiting a Doc-in-a-box today. High time, if you ask me.

(It's pronounced "blah-gora-dosis," btw.)

7 comments:

JohnMXL said...

Does that mean you are sick of former Illinois governors?

Roberta X said...

Oh, I was already that.

Tam said...

The whole flu proper is gone, but I fear I may have picked myself up a nice case of walking pneumonia.

Ambulance Driver said...

Mine just manifested itself as fatigue and depression.

WV: Rachoo. What Scooby Doo says when he sneezes.

LabRat said...

We apparently got out about half an hour before Patient Zero started actively shedding virus...

Larry said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon.

bob r said...

Not that anybody is asking for medical advise from a random dude on the internet but I'll offer some anyway: vitamin D3. I have not had the flu or a cold since I started taking it almost 3 years ago.

Recommendations on blood levels vary but 50-80 ng/mL seems to be a common recommendation. "Home" mail order tests are available for about $45 dollars and a test is the *only* way to know what your serum levels are. I take ~8000 I.U. per day and test out at 65 ng/mL but I get close to zero sun; many people obtain adequate levels at much lower doses.

The Vitamin D Council is one source of info but a web search will turn up plenty of testimonials of positive effects.

Cancer prevention. Icing on the cake.


[The above seems to have not posted on the first attempt. My apologies if it is unwanted.]