Monday, June 04, 2012

BlogMeet/Gun Show In Brief, And I'm Off

...Off to the doctor, that is, bright and early, for some more blood work (to see if the thyroid meds are doing what they should) and to talk about the...interesting...routine test I had earlier (and won't have to again for a decade). So I can't write a whole lot until maybe later.

Took my motorscooter to the gun show and then to the BlogMeet, hooray! --Longest trip of the season so far.

The Indy 1500 was another good one, though the big booksellers had been sidelined in the South by truck trouble. (I missed them -- they have a lot of good firearms-type books and one of the most wide-ranging politics sections I've seem, from Chomsky and Marx to Rand and way farther right). Table layout was a little more open; it appeared they'd made the center lane a bit narrower and widened the rest. Saw quite a few interesting arms, purchased only ammo. Colt revolvers seem to be trending up, though most of what I saw on offer was collector-grade, often too pretty to shoot.

The BlogMeet was good, too -- Tam, Nathan, Mr. and Mrs. Shomes, Old Grouch, The Jack, Don, and new attendee Fast Richard. The kitchen staff at Plump's Last Shot wondered at the sudeen uptick in orders for their bacon-wrapped, deep-fried Butler Dog -- yes, that was us. (Photo and links will have to wait, sorry). Interesting conversation this time, including How Not To Invade A Small Island and The Jack's recent ka-boom...which he covers in some detail. Link

6 comments:

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Perhaps it was the hat, but I was there, too :)

Nathan

Roberta X said...

Oh, dear! I didn't mean to leave you out.

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

'S'okay. I sort of had the impression that you weren't feeling well at the end. Hope either my impression was wrong, or that you feel better now :)

Cincinnatus said...

best wishes, Roberta.

Roberta X said...

I was indeed feeling a bit...under the weather. I got better.

phlegmfatale said...

Hope all goes well with your dr visit.