Friday, July 13, 2012

Doc-In-The-Box

Y'go to a podiatrist, he'll diagnose ingrown toenails. Go to the proctologist and it's hemorrhoids.

Doc in the box, she takes a look and a listen and examines your phlegm and pronounces, "Acute Bronchitis. Looks bacterial."

I've got the Z-pack. Take the azithromyacin for 48 hours and if no improvement, come back. I'll be doing that.

...Hey, did I mention I had a couple of projects hanging fire at work, one very expensive and the other pretty visible? And a week vacation already scheduled, starting Monday.

Current plan, if I feel any better tomorrow, is sneak in and get the visible one finished and disavow all knowledge if asked. The expensive one, I dunno; schedule determined by others.

Really (rillyrilly) hoping I do feel better tomorrow, it's the Indy Hamfest. But at this point, I'm not expecting it.

Back to bed, I have more hacking and coughing to do, and aching and grabbing fitful sleep. Nothing serious could be this annoying!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clams. Listen. They are preparing.

Roberta X said...

There were only three people aware of The Clam Menace. How could you have--

AAaaaaaaaagh! Frikkin' clams! They're everywhere!

(Confused bystanders, see The Agitator for a...disturbing...video. In my fevered state, I have been muttering dire things about clams for three days.)

Keads said...

I hope the meds make a difference!

The Jack said...

Everywhere? Well have you checked your salt shaker?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmwnworT5W0

Hope that helps and hope you feel better.

Earlier to night, I had to call a friend and ensure his brother took him to the hospital. Septic shock, nasty stuff.

Borepatch said...

I hope you feel better soon. And I hope they appreciate you at the office.

perlhaqr said...

*makes you ---clam chowder--- chicken soup*

Hope you feel better soonest, friend. :)

Joseph said...

I do hope you are feeling better by this am, Roberta.