Monday, July 02, 2012

While You Read This

I am, with any luck, working my way through a big pile of medical bills I should have got to over the weekend, which I mostly spent alternating between fitful sleep and feeling like warmed-over-death with a side of skim milk instead. Also, I need to be at my bank when it opens to pay yet another bill.

The good news? Play it right and I can have a nice poppyseed bagel, maybe with fried egg and bacon, at Einstein Brothers. Possibly it's "bacon" of the beef sort, I dunno, or maybe the brothers are not very observant; either way, I seem to recall it tastes just fine.


But not if I spend the morning geekening online. Next show in 14 hours! -Ish

(PS: Sunday evening, The Tamara slipped coming up the three steps leading from ground level to the kitchen, with both hands full of heavy items, and caught a kneecap on the edge of a stair tread as she fell. Iced her knee down immediately and for as long as I could make her leave it on; she can lift the leg straight, which is a very good sign, but at this -- prerecorded and shrink-wrapped for your protection -- posting, I don't yet know how she is after a night's rest. Hope for the best.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about, both, your continued woes.

Have a look here:

http://www.lettersofnote.com/

for a little amusement (I suspect you and Marian Forer, if not Spike, have a lot in common).

I can't say I'm a particular fan of Irving Berlin but this just struck me as fun (and not at all how I always imagined Moscow to be).

Bubblehead Les. said...

Sorting through Medical Bills? Monty Pythons song "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" from Life of Brian tends to help me keep from shooting up the Living Room while trying to handle that crap. Give it a try.

Anonymous said...

I'd offer to trade medical bills, but I don't think it would help either of us (or Tam).
Hope things look up for you both, soon!

gfa

Anonymous said...

I hope you both get better.

Mike James