Sunday, July 01, 2012

Today

Today, I am Not Well. Still. It is the weather? I'm blamin' the weather.

Slept. Slept from yesterday mid-afternoon to about 11 this morning, with frequent awakenings to head to the hall to the, er, head. Got up, stumbled through the kitchen for canned soup (lousy![1]), cinnamon toast (yum!) and coffee, zonked out on the couch in front of Warehouse 13[2], and fell back asleep.
______________________________________
1. Embalmed beef and mushy veggies, in a distressingly-dark, nasty-textured broth. Not saying who but one of the better non-condensed brands. I expected better.

2. On the Roku, from the beginning. Surprisingly good; I think I recognize Jane Espenson's hand.

4 comments:

Hat Trick said...

It has been said that misery loves company. It is the damn weather. I've had much the same weekend as you. I hope you feel better soon.

Dave H said...

If the opposite of "pro" is "con," then the soup you described sounds suspiciously like Congresso.

Hope you feel better soon.

karrde said...

Best wishes on recovery (and on handling the paperwork).

WH13 isn't a bad way to spend a day, if you're not well enough to do much else...

LabRat said...

I love the premise of Warehouse 13, and I love the supporting cast, but it suffers from a problem I can't ignore. You know those shows about alleged teenagers where everyone talks and acts like they're forty because the screenwriters are forty? In WH13, the allegedly midthirties professional, highly skilled and trained professional protagonists talk and behave like they're 16.

It. drives. me. BANANAS.