Saturday, February 09, 2013

Sorry, Gang

     I woke up several times this morning, each time with a worse headache and backache.  I know the cause of the latter: a lot of walking in heavy boots, the contortions necessary to install a plumber's nightmare of waveguide in a very tight space and lifting a massive old spectrum analyzer in and out of a, h'mm, lets call it box truck that contains a Ku-band transmitter, 'cos the real Hidden Frontier truth is just too classified to reveal.

     All that aside, I am just now vertical, hurting and so photophobic I'm typing in the dark.  It's a beautiful, sunny day out there and it hurts to peer at it through sunglasses, squinting.  Ow.  Ow, ow ow.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I really enjoy your writing and the stories you post are very entertaining and informative. Whenever I write I can sometimes feel a rhythm within the text and the thought process that is floundering around in my head. I get the same feeling when I read your posts, without the head trauma, and I'm looking forward to many more in the future.
Bob Cloud

Ken O said...

I hope you feel better soon; both of those conditions are quite miserable. The coordinated attack must be unbearable.

JohninMd.(HELP!?!) said...

I prescribe Burbon. Or Sour mash. two fingers worth. THOSE two fingers (index digit of 1 hand extended, on top of other fist w/extended pinkie) in a small wash tub. May not cure, but you won't CARE......

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you were working in an antenna feed box. Spent more time than I like to think of man handling HP141T Spec Ans and stuff up to the feed box on X-Y and Az-El dishes. I remember one for NOAA where we removed the di-plexer and installed a tri-plexer. Had to dis-assemble the durned thing to get it to fit through the access hatch. Mfg. was not happy about that as they had to send a team out to recertify it in place. Those were the days!