Thursday, February 21, 2013

What Ticks Me Off About The Gun Control Push

    ...Is what it has done to price and availability.  An AR-15 used to be about the cheapest good rifle you could buy and the only one you could use the modified Johnny Cash ("One Piece At A Time") method* to put together as you could afford it.  --Well, good luck with that now.  You'll probably be doing it one piece at a time, all right, but not on the cheap and there'll be serious scrounging involved.

     And the vanishment of .22LR ammunition is just sad.  Doggone it, that stuff is the firearms equivalent of penny candy and now there ain't none?  Grrrrrrrr.  I'm down to like my last 1200 rounds and it's making me itchy.

     If I'd needed any more reasons to oppose gun control, this would be plenty. 
___________________________________
* The "modification" being, you buy the parts one at a time instead of sneaking them out of factory.  John, John, what if everyone did that?  --Well, the UAW kinda did.  Madcap hijinx have ensued, also bankruptcy.

6 comments:

Bubblehead Les. said...

1200 rounds? A 525 round Brick/Block/Whatever of they're calling it nowadays is running $40-$50 in my neck of the Woods, and it's moving faster than Common Sense leaving Biden's Brain.

Well, Good Luck trying to Feed all your Firearms. It MIGHT, repeat MIGHT get better by Labor Day.

But don't count on it.

Alan said...

These days you're lucky if you can get AR parts back ordered.

Erin Palette said...

I know that feel, sister. I'm looking at 1500 rounds .22LR and thinking that's mighty skinny reserves.

Tango Juliet said...

Biden had common sense?

:)

Dave H said...

Somebody posted this link on the Appleseed forum. It's a spider that snoops online ammo sellers in near real time and reports price and availability:

http://www.gunbot.net/ammo/22lr/

Doesn't do me a lot of good because a lot of sellers will no longer ship ammo to New York, even though online purchases are still legal here until next January.

jed said...

Ain't it the truth! My 2nd AR is on that plan, and I wonder whether I'll ever get the upper started, much less finished. Not doing too badly on .22LR, because I've been buying a brick here'n'there for a while. Biggest irritation though, is components. I have a heaping pile of LC brass, but finding .224 bullets in anything appropriate for an AR? Fuggedaboudit. I'm in the middle of reloading what I can, until I run out of bullets, powder, or primers.